Venue: Manchester Central
Dates: Monday 4-Tuesday 5 June 2018
Abstract submission opens: January 8th 2018
Abstract submission deadline: 1st March 2018
- Aging and senescence in the cardiovascular system
- Nanomedicine for future diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease
- Inflammation as a link between hypertension and cardiovascular risk
- Disease modelling in a dish
- Joint translational session with BCS
- The 2018 John French Lecture
- Young Investigators Prize Competition talks
- Basic Science Hot Topics – tips on state of the art techniques from the experts
Poster abstract session – two poster sessions will be held on Monday evening (together with a wine reception) and Tuesday afternoon; posters will be available to view throughout the day.
Young Investigator Prize competition
Link to Instructions
This competition is open to both young clinicians and basic scientists. Clinicians should not have attained consultant status at the time the research was performed and basic scientists should be no more than 5 years post-PhD. Membership is not a requirement.
Judges will be drawn from the BCS Academic and Research Committee and will include representatives from both BSCR and BAS.
Five finalists will be selected to present during the lunchtime of the Tuesday of the Conference with a first prize of £1,000.
Please note that abstracts not selected for the prize talks will not automatically be approved for poster presentation, please submit an abstract separately.
The BAS/BSCR will consider awarding travel grants of up to £200 to bona fide students who are BAS/BSCR members and are presenting an abstract at the meeting – Please click here to download the application form.
Further information to follow