BAS Virtual Annual meeting 2022
Thursday 8 – Friday 9 September
Abstract submission deadline extension | now Friday 15 July
Authors to be notified of outcome | w/c 1 August
Abstract submissions are encouraged from BAS ordinary, junior and student members.
Submitted abstracts will be shortlisted for oral presentation at the Early Career Investigator competition, oral presentation at the single cell workshop as well as a moderated poster session.
This is a great opportunity for early career investigators from all over the world to publicise their research to journal editors, potential reviewers, collaborators and peers from the cardiovascular research community and beyond.
Submitted abstracts will be blind marked by a select committee and presenting authors will be notified of the selection made by end August.
IF YOU ARE THE PRESENTING ABSTRACT AUTHOR, BAS membership should be applied for as only BAS members can present.
Applications can be made on line: https://www.britathsoc.org/membership/
- Use single-spaced typing of 12 pitch (point) type of normal lettering.
- Put the title of the abstract in Sentence Case
- Use upper and lower case for the authors’ surnames preceded by initial(s), and denote the name(s) of department, institution and address.
- Indicate the presenting author using an asterisk.
- Leave a blank line before the main text
- The main text should include the rationale for the study, methodology, results and conclusions.
- Citations, which should be kept to a minimum, should be numbered sequentially in the text.
- Acknowledgements may be included at the end.
- Avoid abbreviations; if used, they must be defined.
- Abstracts longer than 250 words may not be considered.
- Abstract text including title, affiliations, body text and any graph or image should not exceed one single A4 sheet formatted to portrait.
- We can only accept files in Microsoft Word format.
Abstracts which do not conform to the guidelines may not be accepted.