MRes Cardiovascular Health & Disease, University of Manchester
Cardiovascular diseases are the World’s number 1 killers. They are complex and multi-causal with a need for an increased understanding of the mechanisms contributing to cardiovascular disorders to develop new treatment strategies.
This programme promotes cardiovascular research within a unique multi-disciplinary training environment taught by both scientists and clinicians. The aim of the programme is to equip students with broadly based biomedical research skills, but with an emphasis on application to cardiovascular science. This MRes is suitable for students wishing to undertake cutting-edge multi-disciplinary research in the field of cardiovascular research.
Who is this programme suitable for? Bioscience students, intercalating medical students and qualified clinicians.
What we offer:
- Practical Skills in high-grade Laboratories
- Specialist teaching in small groups by expert scientist and clinicians
- Tutorial and Personal Development support
- Wide choice of research projects (25 weeks) in cutting-edge laboratories (offering both basic science and clinical based projects)
We have two types of bursaries available for this programme.
1. For exceptional home students there are a limited number of bursaries that will contribute 50% of the tuition fee costs. Note: Intercalating medical students are not eligible for these bursaries as the scheme below is available.
2. £2,500 bursaries are available toward tuition fee costs for 2014 entry for all home intercalating medical students. Awarded based on application and performance at interview.
For more information please visit our website:
or contact Dr Ashraf Kitmitto, Programme Director email@example.com